Your Toyota Tacoma truck was made for hauling and towing. It was also built for efficiency. The Toyota Tacoma St. Louis provides the perfect marriage between power and performance and fuel efficiency capabilities. However, just because your truck is capable of hauling doesn’t mean you have the capacity to haul whatever load you come across. There are rules and parameters to towing and hauling you should become familiar with before hauling or towing.
When you first purchase your new Toyota Tacoma truck be sure you understand the towing capabilities of the truck. You can ask a Toyota representative right there at the dealership or you can reference your owner’s manual. Each truck is designed to haul and tow but only up to a certain weight. Exceeding the towing weight limit is an easy way to do damage to your new truck as well as put other drivers in danger. It is never recommended. Instead learn the weight limits of your truck as well as the proper way to load a trailer for towing. While it may seem trivial, proper weight distribution will have a great effect on how well the vehicle will perform. You should load 60 percent of the tow load near the front of the trailer; the remaining 40 percent should be distributed towards the back of the trailer. This will allow your truck to remain under control more easily and still achieve maximum fuel efficiency. The Toyota Tacoma is available in four different trim levels each with different towing capacities. Determine the types of loads you will be hauling in order to determine which Tacoma is right for you. Then head down to the dealership to test drive and purchase your next Toyota Tacoma truck.